[uClibc] SH4 linux header file fixes

Paul Mundt lethal at linux-sh.org
Mon Aug 23 08:35:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:54:19PM +0100, Carl SHAW wrote:
> My mistake - you're right - I'm debugging the whole toolchain and the
> toolchain make (the other patch) was setting the asm link incorrectly in
> the headers directory as it uses ARCH=sh4.  The uClibc configuration
> _does_ get its local include link correct for the reasons you give and
> this patch _is_ unnecessary.
>
> I'm not familiar with the SH2 and SH3 (I'm working with an SH4 ST40
> processor), but is there any reason why the uClibc toolchains only have
> the ARCH=sh4 option?

Probably just lack of testing. As long as you're not doing FP stuff, you
have very little in way of ABI differences between SH-3 and SH-4
anyways. SH-2 on the other hand I haven't built a toolchain for in
awhile, so that just needs some trivial patching to bring up to date
(actually, I already have some sh2eb patches queued up locally, but
they're not ready due to relying on binutils CVS and other such
nastiness).