[uClibc] uClibc targeted Toolchain for MIPS.

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Tue Aug 17 15:16:05 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:32:56PM -0700, Sadiq Shaikh wrote:
> HI,
>
> >>http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain/
>
> I took toolchain from above mentioned link. I could build
> cross tool for MIPS on i686 host machine.I have following querie
>
> 1) gcc-3.3.x uses kernel headers 2.4.25, linux kernel i'm using is 2.4.18
>    will this cause any problem when i use toolchain to build my kernel and
> application ?

It's possible.  I've never compared them.  You could put together your
own set of kernel headers to be sure.

> 2) My platform is MIPS (lexra lx4189) if i want to tell compiler about
> platform specific
>  options( -mcpu=lx4189 and -msoft-mult-div ) how do i tell it ? fresh
> toolchain i
> build gives me error " invalid option" when i tried to use it.

I don't think lx4189 is a valid setting for mcpu in the stock
toolchains.

> 3) I have built toolchain by specifying to take uclibc snapshot. Will this
> have all
>  fixes w/respect to dynamic loader, shared library and pthread.utimately i
> want to
> use uclibc with shared library support and pthread support.

Yes.  But remember to remove sources/dl/uClibc-snapshot.tar.bz2 if you
rebuild.  The makefiles only do a download if the file isn't there.

Manuel