[uClibc] Toolchain combination

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Fri Aug 13 07:49:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:43:44PM -0700, Sadiq Shaikh wrote:
> I have an old cross-development tools for MIPS,
> originally built from binutils- GNU 2.10.91, gcc - 2.95.3
>
> I want to upgrade uClibc to what is there in current CVS.
> will this tool cause issues with current CVS uClibc ?

Well, for starters, we no longer support the old gcc wrapper.
Instead, we patch binutils, gcc, and gdb to implement support
for <arch>-linux-uclibc tuples.  But while we have patches for
a version of 2.95.3, we've certainly never looked at that old
a binutils version.

So if you are committed to using those tool versions, you will
either need to patch binutils appropriately or forward port the
gcc wrapper (which I assume you were using).

Manuel