[uClibc] SH4 with shared libraries

Carl SHAW carl.shaw at st.com
Thu Aug 12 08:47:45 UTC 2004

Has anyone managed to get the uClibc shared library loader working on
the SH4 platform recently?

I've tried the uClibc gcc 3.3.x toolchain with latest uClibc snapshot,
but when I try to run a shared app it seg faults (static compilation
works).  I've switched on the ld debugging and it appears that the fault
occurs at the end of dl-startup.c when the loader tries to transfer
control to the application with the START() macro.  The
_dl_get_ready_to_run() function is called and returns OK before that
though.  The application is just

int main(int argc, char*argv[]) { int a; a++; return 1; }

Replacing the uClibc loader with the glibc one works.

Any ideas where I can go from here?  I haven't looked at loaders before,
so simple steps or pointers to some reading material appreciated...

Thanks,

Carl Shaw
ST Microelectronics (R&D) Ltd