[uClibc] Menuconfig error

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Wed Aug 11 18:09:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:25:23PM -0700, Sadiq Shaikh wrote:
> I tried "make distclean" but still error persist.The problem seems
> to be odd and difficult to fix since i'm not good with uClibc build
> procedure.
> Hmm..ok let me talk briefly what am i doing..
>
> ---------8<---------8<------8<-----------
> Download:
> #cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at uclibc.org:/var/cvs login
> #cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at uclibc.org:/var/cvs co -P uClibc
>
> Build:
> #cd /home/sadiq/KERNEL/linux/uClibc
> #export TARGET_ARCH=mips
> #export NATIVE_CC=gcc
> #export CROSS=mips-linux-
> #export KERNEL_SOURCE=/home/sadiq/KERNEL/linux
> #export PREFIX=/home/sadiq/KERNEL/linux/toolchain
> #export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
> # make menuconfig
> ---------8<---------8<------8<-----------
>
> Did i missed anything in build procedure ? it will be a great help
> if i get to know the correct build procedure as well as cause of
> "make menuconfig" error i'm getting on console.

Well, for one thing, you appear to be trying to build uClibc with
(I'm assuming) a glibc-targeted mips-linux cross compiler.  We no
longer support that.  You need to build a uClibc-targeted toolchain.
See http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain/#dirlist for what we
use.

But this is unlikely to cause your menuconfig problem.  I honestly
don't know what's causing that, as I can't duplicate it here.

Manuel