[uClibc] kdrive(TinyX)+uclibc

David Meggy dmeggy at techsol.ca
Tue Aug 3 16:12:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 18:39, Mark Shelby wrote:
> So let me see if I have this correct:
> To get kdrive or TinyX - which is supposed to be a minimal X server, I have to
> first download the source code for the full emplementation of X, then pull
> out a small part of it, then reconfigure it to only build a small footprint?

That's not the way I build it.  If this could be done, that would be
something that would interest me.  I've always built tinyX by
downloading the full source and adding my own configuration file to
config/cf and running make World.

I have found the freedesktop.org XServer much easier to build.  There is
a script here http://www.freedesktop.org/~sk/xserver-inst.sh.  That can
pull all of the source from CVS and build it.  A little modification of
the script should get exactly what you want.

David

--
     David Meggy

Technical Solutions Inc.