[uClibc] weak symbols on arm

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Mon Aug 2 17:01:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:18:34AM -0400, David Muse wrote:
> I'm currently running into a problem that may be related to the use of weak symbols.  I looked through the archives and saw a few posts from back in 2001 indicating that at that time, uclibc's dynamic loader had some weak-symbol-related problems, and I saw some more recent (2003) posts containing weak-symbol-related patches.  Does anyone know the current status of uclibc's weak-symbol-support, particularly on arm?

Well, with the ldso changes, weak symbol handling should be better
across the board.  However, I think Erik was fighting with some
toolchain issues regarding arm... specificly some broken versions
of binutils.  I've been doing mips stuff the last few months and
haven't tried arm in quit a while.  That should change sometime
next week though.

Manuel