[uClibc] kdrive(TinyX)+uclibc

Mark Shelby mshelby at aaahawk.com
Mon Aug 2 01:39:34 UTC 2004

So let me see if I have this correct:
To get kdrive or TinyX - which is supposed to be a minimal X server, I have to
first download the source code for the full emplementation of X, then pull
out a small part of it, then reconfigure it to only build a small footprint?

Wouldn't it be easier to just have the relevant files we need hosted in a
folder somewhere with clear step by step instructions on how to build it and
a short explanation on what you'll be getting?

I appreciate the info from the members on this list. It is the most complete
info I have gotten on the subject. -but I am sure you share my frustration of
this subject.

It would be nice to have a dedicated ftp download site where developers could
post stable releases of tiny implementations of full size programs along with
a web page with an index listing all available files.

This would sure be nice to have for a guy like me who is wanting to play
around with a minimal system.
...hmm maybe I'll do this. Maybe I could call it "tinytools.org" or something.
Does anyone think there would be an interest in this type of site/repository?