[uClibc] Re: Use GCC option -fPIC for shared objects

Benjamin ZORES Benjamin.Zores at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Fri Apr 30 09:19:49 UTC 2004

> you are also adding libz, check first libz.so, if it has TEXTREL, if yes rebuild, if you do not use the shared lib, only libz.a, then you should also rebuild libz.a objects w/ -fPIC (this is a known issue w/ zlib, some distros correct this already)

my libz is also compiled with the -fPIC flag.
anyway I managed to suppress the TEXTREL reference by linking my .so
file with the libc_pic.a one.
it's now working well so really thx to everyone.

> well, how should it work w/o linking it?

it was only a lib, opened via dlopen() and the calling program
is build using the -rdynamic flag so that it works well.

Benjamin Zores