[uClibc] CSB337 toolchain?

Mark Beckwith mark at intrig.com
Wed Apr 21 18:34:26 UTC 2004

I've been able to build a working kernel for the CSB337 using
crosstool-0.27, gcc-2.95.3, glibc-2.1.3, kernel 2.4.25

However, every other combination I've used has failed in one way or
another.  My goal is to use uclibc instead of glibc.

If I use the toolchain from uclibc.org and gcc 2.95, it doesn't compile, I get

    .
    .
    .
libgcc1.S:452: asm/unistd.h: No such file or directory

If I use gcc 3.3.3, I end up with the kernel hanging after :
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX

Anyone know what this is about?
Basically, void __init sock_init(void) in net/socket.c never gets called.

So my question is, does gcc 3.3 work with arm at all?  and/or has anyone got a working
toolchain and kernel combination for the CSB337 the uses uclibc?  Thanks,
Mark
--
Mark Beckwith, Intrig (http://www.intrig.com)