[uClibc] uClibc/Mips - gdbserver stuck waitpid-ing for child - 2nd Try

EWindes at westell.com EWindes at westell.com
Wed Apr 14 22:01:20 UTC 2004

It appears that my first note may have been unreadable.  I apologize, and
hope that you don't receive this message twice.  (Help, I'm being forced
to use an evil e-mail client!)

I'm using a uClibc toolchain built with the toolchain builder  (0.9.26 /
--host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --target=mips-linux-uclibc)
I configure and compile gdbserver (from gdb 6.1) using the uClibc
toolchain; as well as a "hello, world" program.

Running on the target system, gdbserver hangs before doing anything
useful.  It appears that gdbserver gets to the linux_wait_for_process()
function, and calls waitpid() to wait for the debugged program to report
that it has been stopped, but never gets a nonzero return from waitpid().

Running "ps", I can see that the debugged program has been started, and is
sitting in the "trace" state.
  177         admin      1104   S   ./gdbserver 192.168.1.65:5555 hello
  178         admin        40   T   hello

I'm stuck.  I assume that a signal isn't being delivered correctly, but
I'm not sure where to look next.  Any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Edwin Windes
Westell, Inc.
ewindes at westell.com