[uClibc] Re: Toolchain construction help needed for pure uClibc system

Miles Bader miles at lsi.nec.co.jp
Tue Sep 30 04:58:39 UTC 2003

"West Suhanic" <giraffe911 at rogers.com> writes:
> Note I tried rebuilding gcc on my host machine using the wrapper
> compiler. The thought process here was that if the host version of
> i386-uclibc-gcc produces executables that require uClibc why not use
> i386-uclibc-gcc to build gcc this compiler. However after attempting
> this I quickly realized the problems.

Um, what were the problems?

I've built gcc linked with uclibc, and had some problems, but they were
related to using uclinux, not uclibc.  However, note that I don't use
shared libraries because my platform doesn't support them.  I
used/built gcc 3.3.1.

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products