[uClibc] uClibc-0.9.21 ppc dynamic linker crash + fix

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Sep 11 10:51:37 UTC 2003

On Wed Sep 10, 2003 at 03:41:57PM +0200, Ronald Wahl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had the problem that all dynamically linked applications crashed with an
> "Illegal instruction" if uClibc-0.9.21 is used. The platform is PowerPC. The
> crash occured during call of "_dl_load_shared_library()". Fix below. An
> alternative fix is to prepend a "static" to the three variables. Maybe the
> gcc is involved here. Version is 2.95.3 from MontaVista (HardHat).

Before I cut the release I built uClibc 0.9.21 and ran the entire
LTP testsuite on powerpc (Debian testing), so I feel pretty
confidant this is a MontaVista gcc 2.95.3 for powerpc bug.

But I've gone ahead and made them static const char *s, and
simplified things a bit removing the redundant "libc.so.",
so hopefully that particular bug will no longer be tickled
for you...