[uClibc] Using a statically linked compiler fails to build uclibc 0.9.20

West Suhanic giraffe911 at rogers.com
Sat Sep 6 16:41:33 UTC 2003

Hi All:

I built a static version of binutils and gcc 3.2.3 . I verified that the static version of gcc
functioned correctly. I then used this static compiler to build uclibc 0.9.20 . It failed
on libc/sysdeps/linux/i386 gmon-start with the message: can't find stddefs.h . I employed
the fix posted by Zdenek;i.e., changing SAFECFLAGS to CFLAGS-( mesage 006873.html ),
and everything proceeded and finished. Why does this happen? None of this happens when
the standard Red Hat gcc is used?

The environment that this is being done on is:

Linux dell 2.4.18-3, Red Hat 7.3
standard compiler is gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)

regards,

west