[uClibc] mktime and TZ env variable

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Fri Oct 31 18:06:39 UTC 2003

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:02:09PM -0500, David Muse wrote:
> I'm looking at the uClibc code right now and rebuilding it with some debug to narrow down the issue further, but hopefully someone will know the answer and get back to me before that :)

Part is a bug in the time code (I changed things recently to "fix" a g++
issue and didn't chase down all the consequences apparantly).  Part is
a bug on your part.  The uClibc time code requires at least the timezone
abbreviation _and_ the offset.  Since it doesn't use the zoneinfo data,
it has no way of knowing what offset to use for EST.

I'll try to fix the uClibc bug today.

Manuel