[uClibc] Intel IXP425 uclibc toolchain bulding - HELP!

artemisio palagotti xscale_2 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 09:31:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I'm a new subscriber to this mailing list. I'm working on the Intel IXP425
evaluation board and I'm trying to build a toolchain for this
microprocessor. I'm using the scripts found in uclibc CVS server
(www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain). I'm using gcc-3.3.1 version. For
IXP425 microprocessor I have to use xscale architecture and big-endian mode.
When I select this feature I have some errors:

- some file have compiled in little-endian mode: _divsi3.asm, _modsi3.asm,
_udivsi3.asm, _umodsi3.asm;
- the compiler found two other object in little-endian mode: crtbeginS.o,
crtendS.o;
- libiberty configure fail to check if the compiler working;
- xgcc sometimes don't use '-mbig-endian' switch to create big-endian code
in libiberty module;

this problem cause link crash. I tried with gcc-3.3 version with the same
result. I'm trying to resolve this bugs modifying some Makefile.in and
configure costants, but it's a very hard work because I don't know this file
very well. Please, may anybody help me ?

Thanks all,
Enrico.