[uClibc] How to use uClibc for MCF5272C3 board.

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Mon Oct 20 10:54:17 UTC 2003

Jivin kamal kumar lays it down ...
> Hello, my name is Kamal and i want to compile "Hello World" C program for the
> Motorola Coldfire 5272.
> I use the m68k-elf-tools, but when i type in the command-prompt :
> 	m68k-elf-gcc hello.c

m68k-elf-gcc -m5307 -Wl,-elf2flt -o hello hello.c -lc

> 	/usr/local/m68k-elf/bin/ld.real: cannot open crt0.o: Unknown file or map
> 	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> So i thought that i needed a libray to compile this correctly. The uClibc
> library i found was in the cvs repository of the uClinux.org site.
> in the install notes was written that i should first configure a file. I did
> that, but when i typed MAKE i got an error message:
>
> 	Using kernel headers from 2.4.22-uc0 for architecture 'm68k'
>         provided in directory /root/uClinux-2.4.x/

Get yourself a copy of the uClinux-dist:

	http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/dist/

It contains uClibc and pre-canned configurations for the 5272 that is
ready to go.  If you want uClibc,  just select that as your libc
when you run "make config".

Checkout:

	http://www.ucdot.org/

for FAQ's and help on using the dist,