[uClibc] Problems with HAS_FPU=n

Andrew May acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Oct 9 20:37:57 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:23:04PM -0700, Jeffrey Baitis wrote:
> Unfortunately, buildroot stops when configuring the final C compiler:
>
> checking for sys/systemcfg.h... no
> checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
> checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
> checking whether errno must be declared... no
> checking for ANSI C header files... no
> checking for uintptr_t... no
> checking for pid_t... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (
> /opt/build/buildroot/toolchain_build_mipsel/gcc-3.3-final/gcc/xgcc
> -B/opt/build/buildroot/toolchain_build_mipsel/gcc-3.3-final/gcc/
> -B/opt/build/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux/bin/
> -B/opt/build/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux/lib/
> -isystem
> /opt/build/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux/include -g
> -Os ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.

But as you can see the compiler is not trying to do -msoft-float.

You can try to fix this by changing the gcc-final/Makefile.
Add the -msoft-float to the end of the FLAGS_FOR_TARGET line.
You should be able to just restart the make and let things finish.

I don't know how to fixup the specs file to always get the compiler
to do soft floats.