[uClibc] ldso 0.9.21, libstdc++ crashes on PowerPC GCC 3.3.1

Tobias Anderberg tobias.anderberg at axis.com
Fri Oct 3 08:29:12 UTC 2003

Carl G Lewis <clewis at westel.com.au> writes:

>> However, dynamic linking against libstdc++
>> does not work (and neither does on the embedded board
>> with all the libs in /lib).

[...]

> Using the toolchain script (gcc 3.3.1) and the uClibc snapshot (3-Oct-03), I
> can't get a dynamically linked busybox to work at all (init fails to run),
> but a statically linked version works fine. Similarly with tinylogin,
> although it does work to some extent dynamically linked (but not well
> enough).

This is most likely due to a relocation error. Compile uClibc
with debug support enabled and run your program with the
LD_DEBUG environment variable set. If there is proper debug
support in the ppc ld.so that should give you some clues to what
is happening.

Also; try running the program with LD_BIND_NOW=1, if that works
there's some fishy things happening with lazy relocations.

/tobias