[uClibc] ldso 0.9.21, libstdc++ crashes on PowerPC GCC 3.3.1

Simon Rowe srowe at cambridgebroadband.com
Fri Oct 3 07:37:26 UTC 2003

On Friday 03 Oct 2003 3:53 am, Carl G Lewis wrote:

>  I got segfaults in the loader
> on various binaries, though not on all. (on a dcbst instruction for some
> reason)

This has been a long standing problem, I was struggling with it on 0.9.16. By
bumbling around I found I could remove the problem by inserting a dereference
of reloc_addr before the DCBST, of course this is not the real solution,
Someone Who Knows What They Are Doing(TM) needs to have a good long look at
what's going on here

               /* Temp hack for SEGV, dereference reloc_addr */
                if ((int)*reloc_addr == (int)reloc_addr) _dl_dprintf(2, "SJR
reloc_addr : %x\n",*reloc_addr);

--
Simon Rowe
Cambridge Broadband Ltd