[uClibc] uClibc 0.9.23 - build tool question

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 22 18:36:02 UTC 2003

On Saturday 22 November 2003 02:58, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Nov 21, 2003 at 08:21:28PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Friday 21 November 2003 18:54, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > > Look in the uClibc source...  uClibc/docs/uclibc.org/
> >
> > A) There should be a link to this from the web page.  (I did a text
> > search for FAQ on uclibc.org and came up dry).
>
> You mean something like where it says "Frequently Asked
> Questions" in large print on the front of the webpage?

Yeah, that would probably be it. :)

Rob

> /me again makes a mental note to rework the website

I took a stab at it but haven't figured out how to get a menu repeated on each
page without block copying it in yet.  (Last time I used server side
includes, but I don't know if you have that enabled or if it's compatable
with what you're doing.)

I'm told the modern way to do it is with CSS, so I'm studying up on that, but
800 other things keep coming up...

If you're using PHP and don't mind the pages being generated instead of
static, there could be a PHP include.  Or the HTML pages could be generated
from templates with simple m4 macros so you're serving up static but
generated pages...

I meant to bug you about this in irc when you got back. :)

>  -Erik

Rob