[uClibc] uClibc 0.9.23 - build tool question

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Fri Nov 21 16:11:33 UTC 2003

Hello,
	Please forgive me for any punchyness...I've only had a couple
hours of sleep in the past few days.  You really have to love wrapping
up three projects at once, you really do.  Anyway, here's the info.
	The wrapper has been abolished and banished into the darc
corners of previous versions.  For information regarding why, exactly, I
went to the uClibc web site and used the google search option.  Type in
"wrapper" and you'll find many posts.  Let's just consider the recent
ones, say from october 2003 on.
	Ah, instantly I find my post and the replies to it on exactly
this issue!  Here's the link:
http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2003-October/007315.html.  You can
see that there are many problems with using the wrapper, which we all
knew about earlier.  We simply decided to live with it.
	So, in short, your solution is to build a real toolchain.  This
brings us to your next question.  I think the link
"http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain/" is rather
self-explanatory.  I visited the link, surfed over to the 3.x directory
there, and found that the Makefile had been modified within 9 hours.
Seems pretty active, so I'm going to assume people are at least testing
it.
	Anyway, I think we need a FAQ page.  I'd be willing to donate
the 15 minutes to type it up if people want to send me the Q's and A's
that are commonly discussed here.

Good luck,
Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems