[uClibc] uClibc 0.9.23 released

Greg Haerr greg at censoft.com
Wed Nov 19 16:53:31 UTC 2003

:
: >     I've fixed the install issue, it requires a slightly modified
: > microwin.mk, attached, and a new microwindows-src-snapshot.tar.gz,
: > which is on my web site (auto-downloaded).
:
: Builds fine now for i386 but the build fails quickly for arm.

Manuel,
    Ok, we'll try round three.  Sorry about sending incomplete software.
It's been tough to test, because buildroot is still broken in the following
major areas, at least for me (RH 7.3):

1. I run a fix.sh to convert "sed -ie" to "perl -p -i -e"
2. No case of USE_UCLIBC_TOOLCHAIN:=false seems
to work.  The compiler build fails when not building with uclibc.
3. When specifying the gcc 2.9.5 toolchain, the build immediately
fails with a non-updated uclibc-configure dependency in gcc-2.95.mk.
After fixing this, the gcc 2.95 build fails.
4. The arm gcc build fails unless TARGET_SOFT_FLOAT= option
is specified.
5. All builds fail trying to run an incorrect-pathed 'ar'.  Typing
"make" again ignores this step, and the build completes, sometimes.

So, I've only been able to test this with i386 and arm-nofpu.

Does anybody actually try to test buildroot before release, or
at least run through a couple of important options?  I'm very interested
in helping make buildroot more stable. Who should I talk to about
this?

Regards,

Greg