[uClibc] libgcc.so link and coreutils-5.0

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Tue Nov 18 23:22:55 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 03:02:49PM +0100, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> > Due to the link set manually from libgcc_s.so to libgcc.so, coreutils
> > cannot be rebuilt, missing __fixunsxfdi (but present in libgcc.a).
>
> For what arch?  I haven't had any problems.
It's i386.
The source of the problem is really the missing __fixunsxfdi from the
shared version of libgcc. Have you tried to rebuild gcc in the new root
image? I have it already with and without any patches (3.3.2) and the
missing function does not appear later in the library. Interesting enough,
it is always in the first version of libgcc when I make a new buildroot,
But afterwards I loose it. Could you check if it happens in your
environment too?

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI