[uClibc] buildroot with a different uClibc config.

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Sun Nov 16 19:22:05 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 09:09:34AM -0700, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> Should be fixed in uClibc cvs.  We had added some checking to the
> uClibc Makefile to not install various headers based on the specified
> configuration.  Looks like shadow.h was one we missed.

ok, thanks.

I'll find out the next time I'm compiling buildroot.

> > this is an option in the global Makefile but nok all the .mk scripts
> > handles it correctly. I've fixed the ones I've had problems with so I
> > will have a small patch set for this. (anyone want it?)
>
> Please post.

here. it's the simplest ones. I didn't bother with strace and bzip2
needed a bit of sed-work (which I hacked in bzip2.mk but no LFS-test in
it..

> I believe wchar support is needed for the gcc build, but it might just
> be for building libstdc++.  I remember Erik removing some hacks quite
> some time ago when I first added the various mb<->wc conversion
> functions.

ok.

> As you say... building takes a while.  So testing all the various
> configurations isn't really feasible.

yup. I'll try to figure out how this works and help where I can.

I finally got through buildroot so I have the file system I wanted but
it does need an update from time to time.

Thomas.