[uClibc] buildroot with a different uClibc config.

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sun Nov 16 16:09:34 UTC 2003

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:48:47PM +0100, Thomas Lundquist wrote:
> I'm trying to compile the whole buildroot with a different uClibc
> .config and I've hit a few problems.
>
> the first is that uClibc puts shadow.h in it's include/ directory which
> makes perl want to compile itself with shadow password support altho I
> don't have the option set in iClibc .config
>
> how do I do this the correct way?

Should be fixed in uClibc cvs.  We had added some checking to the
uClibc Makefile to not install various headers based on the specified
configuration.  Looks like shadow.h was one we missed.

> (it seems to me that perl messes this up anyway but that may be other
>  reasons)
>
> the second option I don't use which have gotten me into trouble is the
> LARGE_FILE (CONFIG_LFS) option.
>
> this is an option in the global Makefile but nok all the .mk scripts
> handles it correctly. I've fixed the ones I've had problems with so I
> will have a small patch set for this. (anyone want it?)

Please post.

> and the last question:
>
> UCLIBC_HAS_WCHAR is set to "y" in uclibc.mk, why?

I believe wchar support is needed for the gcc build, but it might just
be for building libstdc++.  I remember Erik removing some hacks quite
some time ago when I first added the various mb<->wc conversion
functions.

> (I guess I should try to remove that line but compiling takes ages and
> some here might know why it's done anyway)

As you say... building takes a while.  So testing all the various
configurations isn't really feasible.

Manuel