[uClibc] WCHAR in uClibc 0.9.21

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Nov 13 02:26:56 UTC 2003

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 01:21:07PM -0800, Wen Yang wrote:
> I have just tried the 0.9.21 for the full Locale support.
>
> When I compiled the libvmime using arm-uclibc-g++, I got two problems:
>
> 1. it complained about std::wstring not defined. I used a workaround:
> add _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T to the DEFS of the libvmine Makefile
> 2. it complained about wcsftime not defined. Then I used anohter
> workaround: in uClibc include/c++/cwchar, comment LINE 168 of "using
> ::wcsftime;"
>
> Why would it give those errors?

Because wcsftime is not yet implemented (the last C99 function to do)
and because I need to make fix some things so that _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T
will be enabled when building libstdc++.  Thanks for bringing that to
my attention.  I'll make sure it works when I start working on locale
issues again in December.

> Would my workarounds cause any problem?

I wouldn't be surprised.  Actually, I'd be surprised if it didn't
cause problems.

Manuel