ready for the desktop? was: Re: [uClibc] Re: uClibc 0.9.22 released

TxRx Lists lists at txrx.org
Tue Nov 11 00:46:11 UTC 2003

Rob Landley wrote:

> That said, the traffic doesn't necessarily justify it yet.  Chick and egg
> problem.  I'm not quite sure how far away is considered "on topic" here...

I build my own task specific mini distro with uClibc (a short cut to
booting Freevo from a 32MB CF) and it really wasn't that hard - even
working around that nasty dynamic library bug. The only problems I
encounted compiling all kinds of things were locale and wordexp()
related, but those issues are mostly gone now, I bet. There's a guy with
a page up documenting his quest to compile Gentoo against uClibc :-)