[uClibc] Buildroot issues

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 1 22:48:14 UTC 2003

On Saturday 01 November 2003 11:17, tom at ceisystems.com wrote:
> Hello again,
> 	Ok, so, problem #1 solved.  You must build the toolchain moving
> forward.  Lets remove the "UCLIBC_TOOLCHAIN" option, and change the 2.9x
> option to something like "USE_295_INSTEAD"?  Does that make more sense?
> I think it obfuscates things a bit less at least.

Actually, if you're making an embedded system to fit in 4 megs of flash, you
probably don't want gcc in it.  What you do in that case is use one buildroot
system to bootstrap another.  Build a buildroot with the toolchain, and then
use that to build a buildroot with just the packages you need (using the
first buildroot's toolchain, so no chroot during the build the second time).

Rob