[uClibc] failed to build mipsel - bz2 related problem

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 1 04:16:30 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 18:57, Jun Sun wrote:
> I am trying to build a mipsel root fs with the latest buidroot
> script.  See the attached patch for my config changes.
>
> The first problem I encountered missing symbol get_header_tar_bz2().
> It appears there is a typo in libunarchive/Makefile.in.  See my patch.
>
> However after fixing that, I got another missing symbol, BZ2_bzReadOpen.
> I can't find anywhere of its definition.
>
> Is bz2 support not complete?  If so, why don't we disable bzip2 in
> the default busybox configration?

The bzip support in busybox just got re-written from scratch to be smaller,
faster, and more understandable.  But because CVS is kind of limited, the new
file was renamed to replace the old fileplace so cvs wouldn't have to deal
with the concept of renaming a file.  This means that instead of the build
breaking saying it can't find the right file, the build breaks saying it
can't find the right function names (which have a slightly different calling
convention).

What's trying to link against the busybox code?  (I take it you're trying to
build busybox tar?  This hasn't been converted to use the new code yet.)

The proper place for this is, of course, the busybox list. :)

> Thanks.
>
> Jun

Rob