[uClibc]again ogg123 compilation problems

Marcin Bukat wodz at soliton.ch.pw.edu.pl
Fri May 30 08:36:41 UTC 2003

> It looks to me like you are trying to use a bunch of shared
> libraries that are linked vs glibc (i.e.
> /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so, /usr/lib/libogg.so, etc)
>
> You have also added -L/usr/lib, which is also certain to make
> your link be contaminated with lots of glibc libraries.
>
> If you want to use libraries (shared or static) you must first
> compile those libraries vs uClibc and install them into your
> uClibc development area.  In your case you want to compile
> libvorbis and friends, and install the libs into
> /root/tmp/uclib_devel/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ and install the
> header files into
> /root/tmp/uclib_devel/i386-linux-uclibc/include/
>
>  -Erik

Stupid me! You have absolutely right. But trying do this I felt into
problem:
I compiled libao library. everything looks ok, but this is what ldd
(from glibc6 system) says:

bash-2.05b# ldd libao.so
         libdl.so.0 => not found
         libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x4000d000)
         libc.so.0 => not found
         libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4005f000)

It seems to be 'double' linked against both libc6 and uclibc.

I tryed also build it in chrooted development environment (so no way to
link against libc6) and it gives the same result. Could You explain that
behavior?
In atachment is compilation log (using i386-uclibc-gcc).

Regards
wo