[uClibc]Building uClibc with locale support, gen_collate bug?

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon May 26 23:52:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 01:23:25PM +0200, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > I have built on a glibc system a locale support enabled uClibc library.
> > I have copied the built file libuClibc-0.9.19.so to the dev image and
> > tried to build native uClibc with locale support (also copied
> > /usr/lib/locale from glibc to the dev image). On the first run of make in
>
> Why do you copy glibc's /usr/lib/locale stuff to the dev image?  If you
> built the dev image with locale support enabled, then all the locale
> data is (currently) included in the uClibc library.  You only need the
> glibc locale data when initially building uClibc... and even that
> dependency will be removed in the coming weeks.
I haven't see any reference of needing/not needing these. Ok I'll remove
them if they are not needed. This means that all locales used are included
into uClibc library? Won't this be too big?

> > P.S. The RLIMIT_STACK and RLIMIT_CORE are reported, because I use a
> > grsecurity enabled kernel (not the limits are the problem, I have checked
> > and disabled the limits (ulimit), but nothing changes, normally if I
> > get RLIMIT_CORE error, then the program has a bug).
> >
> > The same (RLIMIT_CORE report) comes if I run ldd against a shared
> > library. What do you need for getting this bug corrected?
>
> There have been previous reports of problems with uClibc and grsecurity.

Grsecurity works well with uClibc >= 0.9.18, this problem I mention is
only an additional report, nothing else (under normal circumstances you
won't see any log entries for needed RLIMIT_CORE (and the other limits)
because the logging is not enabled for a normal kernel.

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI