[uClibc]Building uClibc with locale support, gen_collate bug?

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon May 26 11:23:25 UTC 2003

Hello!

I have built on a glibc system a locale support enabled uClibc library.
I have copied the built file libuClibc-0.9.19.so to the dev image and
tried to build native uClibc with locale support (also copied
/usr/lib/locale from glibc to the dev image). On the first run of make in
extra/locale when building gen_wctype the build process segfaults (first
reaches RLIMIT_STACK, after that RLIMIT_CORE.
On the second run the file is created, but on building gen_collate.c,
memmem undefined (<string.h> defines it extern, but I can't find any
reference in libc of it, so it is missing). What should I do with the 5
(uncommented) accurances of memmem to have it build?

P.S. The RLIMIT_STACK and RLIMIT_CORE are reported, because I use a
grsecurity enabled kernel (not the limits are the problem, I have checked
and disabled the limits (ulimit), but nothing changes, normally if I
get RLIMIT_CORE error, then the program has a bug).

The same (RLIMIT_CORE report) comes if I run ldd against a shared
library. What do you need for getting this bug corrected?

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI