[uClibc]uClibc make fails on stddef.h

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon May 19 04:41:24 UTC 2003

Hi David,

Thanks for the quick response.

David McCullough wrote:
> Everything is usually taken care of in the config.arch of the
> uClinux-dist,  including the PATH.
>
> The only time this would not work would be if the uClibc
> config/Makefiles overrode the config.arch settings for the CFLAGS
> or ARCH_CFLAGS to be wrong.
>
> Check you extra/Config/Config...... files to make sure they are allowing
> the uClinux-dist to pass in the correct values.

It turns out the problem was caused because the compiler was not seeing
it's standard include directories.

I ended up adding the following to my common-config.arch:

         CFLAGS += -I$(GCCDIR)/include

where GCCDIR is previously extracted via the following tortured syntax:

GCC_DIR = $(shell $(CC) -v 2>&1|grep specs|sed -e 's/.*  \

I wish I knew why it worked this morning but was broken so easily!   but
anyway, it seems ok now.

Thanks,

John