[uClibc]uclibc buildroot woes

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed May 7 02:49:11 UTC 2003

On Tue May 06, 2003 at 08:03:39PM -0400, Rob McMullen wrote:
> Here's a big 'ol hack, but it got me around the problem...  An ldd on
> the 'chew' program showed that it was compiled against uClibc instead
> of the host system's glibc, so by copying
> build_i386/staging_dir/lib/*uClibc* to /lib (the host system's /lib!)
> and rerunning the make, it found the correct library.
>
> I probably could have got around it also by adding
> build_i386/staging_dir/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I didn't think of
> that at the time. :) The point being that chew and gengenrtl are
> programs generated for the target environment and linked with the
> target libraries, but are executed on the host system during the build
> process.

You have exactly stated the problem.  I was hoping to get that
fixed this last week, but then I ran out of time...  I've been
moving this week, and I will not have DSL turned on in my new
home till the 13th, so network access currently means i have to
visit my old house...  So it may not be till this next week till
I get this fixed, but I am certainly aware of it and working on
addressing this problem...