[uClibc]e2fsck problem: (Bad address) while doing inode scan

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Mar 28 17:18:56 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:01:42 +0100, Philippe Vanhaesendonck
<Philippe.Vanhaesendonck at topgame.be> wrote:

>> uclibc-0.9.19
>> e2fsprogs-1.32
>> linux-2.2.19
>>
>> I have no problems running with e2fsck compiled against libc5; when trying
>> uclibc I get
>> e2fsck -fy /dev/hda3  (and hda4, it's ok on hda2)
>> Error writing block 2097170 (Bad address) while doing inode scan. Ignore

>Looks like you start to have problems above 2GB...
>Did you compile Large File support in uClibc?

No, but this is a 2.2.19 kernel without lfs and that is a partition so it
shouldn't matter.

In my original email I stated that e2fsck works if linked to libc5; I just
discovered that I tested e2fsck 1.27+libc5 and  1.29/1.32 + uclibc.
So, though unlikely,  there could be a problem in newer e2fsck.
I'll see if I can reproduce uclibc + e2fsck 1.27.

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com