[uClibc]Buildroot & iptables
Philippe.Vanhaesendonck at topgame.be
Thu Mar 27 15:48:40 UTC 2003
For what this is worth...
There are 3 small issues with the buildroot that will prevent one to build
'usable' iptables executables.
- in iptables.mk, the check for IPV6 presuppose that you have uClibC in
$(BUILD_DIR)/uClibc, which is not the case if you are using the 'stable' release
This can be quickly fixed in the makefile, or with a symlink of uClibc-0.9.19 to
- In the case IPV6 executables are build, they are not installed anyway --
obvioulsy this is easy to fix!
- The default for iptables is to build extension in shared libraries, but
iptables.mk seems to ignore them at install time.
I see here again 2 possibilities:
* Add -DNO_SHARED_LIBS to link static
* Copy the extensions at install time (But then you are better to set
PREFIX to /, unless you want to really copy them in /usr/local/bin which is the
default location ;-) )
The weird thing is that by default, you end up with a running executable but
which will gives you
"Couldn't load target `standard':File not found"
as soon as you start to play with rules. It took me some time to realize what
More information about the uClibc