[uClibc]busybox segfaults (but is it busybox?)

Klaas van Gend klaas.vangend at reduct.net
Mon Mar 24 15:51:20 UTC 2003

Agust Karlsson wrote:
> Hi
> Are you running ash as a shell?
> I experienced the same problem with ash and changed to msh, solved that problem but introduced some others like unability to run a shell script directly.
>
> Gusti

Gusti, thanks for your suggestion.

I now also compiled msh in and the results are somewhat different.
Running a chroot to my disk from a Linux-BBC shows the following:
# insmod qxx
insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.19bbc: No such file or directory
insmod: qxx.o: no module by that name foundMemory fault

Note that msh keeps running...
This is different from ash, which crashes:

# insmod qxx
insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.19bbc: No such file or directory
insmod: qxx.o: no module by that name foundSegmentation
faultSegmentation fault
and I'm thrown out of the chroot...

It is not (just) busybox: 'su qxxx' (implemented by tinylogin 1.4) also
crashes:
su: user qxxx does not exitsSegmentation faultSegmentation fault

Hope this helps...

Yours,

Klaas van Gend