[uClibc]uclibc Debian

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Mar 19 19:14:27 UTC 2003

On Wed Mar 19, 2003 at 06:35:01PM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:

> I remember that someone talked about making a uclibc based debian, but I
> cant find the message in the archive. Has anyone started, and is anyone
> still interested. Now there is the buildroot to bootstrap from it should
> not be too hard, and once it is working it should save Erik from much
> more work on the buildroot.
>
> I would be glad to help / organise / do it starting in a few weeks once
> I have finished some other stuff if there is interest.

That would be great.  FYI back in January I used the x86
buildroot snapshot to build pretty much the whole Debian base
system by hand.  As I recall, I only had to make a single trivial
change to one package, everything else compiled up unmodified.
At the time I had some trouble with tar misbehaving but hopefully
that is fixed now.

I mostly maintain buildroot since it became clear that _somebody_
needed to be making such a thing and nobody else was doing it.
Maintaining busybox, tinylogin, uClibc, and buildroot, running
all the mailing lists, keeping the lists spam free, and handling
all the support questions I get is a very heavy load.  So I would
be overjoyed to be able to quit maintaining buildroot!