[uClibc]Possible problem with soft-float on powerpc

Felix Radensky felix at allot.com
Sun Mar 16 09:24:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've tried several times to compile uClibc with soft-float
(both gcc-3.2.2 toolchain and wrapper), but applications
compiled with uClibc always failed with "Invalid instruction".
So I ended up disabling floating point at all and this works well.
I also has no problem with glibc from Monta Vista, which is
compiled with soft-float. My processor is PowerPC 405GP.

Maybe the problem is in FP() macro definition in
libc/sysdeps/linux/powerpc/setjmp.S and
libc/sysdeps/linux/powerpc/__longjmp.S

#ifdef __UCLIBC_HAS_FLOATS__
#define FP(x...) x
#else
#define FP(x...)
#endif

which should be defined as

if defined __UCLIBC_HAS_FLOATS__ && ! defined __UCLIBC_HAS_SOFT_FLOAT__
#define FP(x...) x
#else
#define FP(x...)
#endif