[uClibc]uClibc and Sash issues

Andrew Hall andrew at andy-hall.net
Sat Mar 15 18:48:16 UTC 2003

Hi,
	I'm trying to compile up a uclinux distribution for the leon mmuless sparc
(some may remember me from a few months ago, I've been fighting on the
hardware front for a while) and I want to compile and link against uclibc
rather than the default uc-libc.

When the build process tries to compile sash it bombs with:

sparc-elf-gcc -Os -g -fomit-frame-pointer  -Dlinux -D__linux__ -Dunix -D__uC
linux__ -DEMBED -I/home/andrew/Uni_Work/3rd_Year_Project/Software/uClinux-di
st2/lib/uClibc/include -I/home/andrew/Uni_Work/3rd_Year_Project/Software/uCl
inux-dist2/lib/libm -I/home/andrew/Uni_Work/3rd_Year_Project/Software/uClinu
x-dist2 -fno-builtin -mv8 -I/home/andrew/Uni_Work/3rd_Year_Project/Software/
uClinux-dist2/linux-2.0.x/include   -c -o cmds.o cmds.c
cmds.c: In function `do_kill':
cmds.c:852: `SIGSTKFLT' undeclared (first use in this function)
cmds.c:852: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cmds.c:852: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [cmds.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/andrew/Uni_Work/3rd_Year_Project/Software/uClinux-dist2/user/sash'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

I had a quick poke around the uclibc include/signal.h stuff and I'm a bit
confused because I can't see where it links back to the
linux/include/asm/signal.h which has the necessary information in it. This
is what uc-libc does, and sash compiles ok with it. I'm sure I'm missing
something blindingly obvious.

I'd be grateful for comments/ideas/solutions,

Cheers,

Andrew