[uClibc]uClibc supporting shared libs on mipsel

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Mar 13 02:57:41 UTC 2003

On Thu Mar 13, 2003 at 02:09:20AM +0000, Mark and Janice Juszczec wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I got yesterday's snapshot, added my debugging code and reran my test.
> ldso.c is still getting 0x0 out of the Aux. Vec. Table, sticking it in
> header and crashing.

I just looked back at your previous email...

> I'm trying to get a shared lib uClibc running on a Helio pda.
> Its got a Toshiba TMPR3912AU, 75 MHz., 32-bit RISC processor
> running mipsel-linux (kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac22).  I'm using uClibc
> v0.9.18

Oh my!  kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac22?  What for?  That kernel is
nearly 3 years old and is _known_ to be terribly horribly full of
bugs.  On my Qube2, I am running Linux 2.4.20 from the CVS tree
at http://www.linux-mips.org/

I suspect your kernel is setting up the stack wrong.  But
seriously though, don't even waste your time with such an ancient
broken kernel.  Your time is better spent isolating any changes
the vhl-tools people may have made, and merging them into the
current linux-mips.org kernel series.  Maybe the Helio is
already supported?  Who knows,