[uClibc]Undefined __udivsi3 / __umodsi3

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Wed Mar 12 20:36:46 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm building applications for an ARM system using uClibc 0.9.19 and gcc 3.2.2,
using the toolchain build system from CVS.  When I compile a static
application, all is well.  However, if I attempt to build a dynamically
linked application, then I got a either "can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'" or
"can't resolve symbol '__umodsi3'" on my target board.

I have all the shared object files I can find in /lib on my target board.  The
output of "arm-uclibc-ldd" on my host system for one such application is:

        libc.so.0 => /home/geoff/lrs/rt89712/uclibc-toolchain/lib/libc.so.0
(0x00000000)
        /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x00000000)

Bot those libraries are in /lib on the target board, but the application gives
a "can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'" error.

I found some previous discussion of this in the list archives, but no thread
that seemed to have a solution to the problem.  Any ideas on what's going on
and how to fix it?

TIA,
---
Geoffrey Wossum