[uClibc]Re: remote gdb makefile? (building gdb to use with gdbserver)

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Wed Mar 12 02:09:08 UTC 2003

Erik> Care to try again with the latest and greatest uClibc?  gdb
Erik> needs to be linked vs uClibc so it can dlopen uClibc's
Erik> libthread_db which allows it to debug libpthread,

OK, I got it to compile this time, thanks!  There were some issues:
the gdbserver/configure file was not executable (easily repaired), and
for some reason the reg-mips.o file wasn't created in the gdbserver
directory.  The makefile thought that it didn't have to do anything
because there was already a reg-mip.o in the source directory.  I
commented out the VPATH, recompiled, then uncommented the VPATH, and
recompiled, and that worked.  Next step, seeing if it runs...

Thanks again,
Dave