[uClibc]Re: remote gdb makefile? (building gdb to use with gdbserver)

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Mar 11 20:34:14 UTC 2003

On Mon Mar 10, 2003 at 02:44:24PM -0800, David Wuertele wrote:
> >> configure: warning: Could not find libthread_db.
> >> configure: warning: Disabling thread support in gdbserver.
> >>
> >> I looked for libthread* in the toolchain but didn't find it.  Is this
> >> something that I can enable?
>
> Erik> You need to enable PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT in uClibc'c .config
>
> this is what I had already in buildroot/sources/uClibc.config:
>
> UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS=y
> PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT=y
>
> Is there somewhere else?

I just tracked this one down.  I had only tested with DODEBUG
enabled.  Well it turns out I was being a bit overzealous at
stripping libpthread when DODEBUG was disabled, which
unfortunately prevented PTHREADS_DEBUG_SUPPORT from working.

Care to try again with the latest and greatest uClibc?
gdb needs to be linked vs uClibc so it can dlopen uClibc's
libthread_db which allows it to debug libpthread,