[uClibc]uClibc supporting shared libs on mipsel

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Mar 11 20:20:17 UTC 2003

On Tue Mar 11, 2003 at 08:06:52PM +0000, Mark and Janice Juszczec wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I'm trying to get a shared lib uClibc running on a Helio pda.  Its got a
> Toshiba TMPR3912AU, 75 MHz., 32-bit RISC processor running mipsel-linux
> (kernel 2.4.0-test1-ac22).  I'm using uClibc v0.9.18

As noted in the uClibc v0.9.19 release announcement,

    This release retains binary compatibility with uClibc 0.9.18
    (except for mips, which didn't work properly with uClibc
    0.9.18 anyways).

Upgrading to uClibc v0.9.19 or later is essential for mips to
work.  I recommend today's daily snapshot since there have been
several recent mips-related bug fixes.  Could you repeat your
efforts using the latest and greatest?  I know the latest runs on
my Cobalt Qube2 mipsel box with shared libs since that was what I
used to build this:
    http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/root_fs-mipsel.bz2

which I've tested by using chroot on my Qube2 and using gcc
(which is dynamically linked with uClibc) to compile stuff.