[uClibc]remote gdb makefile? (building gdb to use with gdbserver)

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Mon Mar 10 21:58:51 UTC 2003

I'm trying to compile gdbserver and a gdb to go along with it for
mipsel.  gdbserver compiles fine, but the gdb that runs on my dev
system must be able to read the symbols in the mipsel-uclibc
executable.  I think I can build this by just changing the --host=
parameter to configure in the gdb.mk file, and having it install that
in the toolchain directory instead of the target root directory.  Does
that sound right?  Has anyone done this work already?

As a separate question, I noticed the following output during the
configure step of building gdbserver:

  configure: warning: Could not find libthread_db.
  configure: warning: Disabling thread support in gdbserver.

I looked for libthread* in the toolchain but didn't find it.  Is this
something that I can enable?

Thanks,
Dave