[uClibc]Problems with system()/vfork() on PowerPC

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Mar 5 10:35:12 UTC 2003

> This is a problem with 0.9.18 and 0.9.19, is the PPC vfork() broken?

As a matter of fact, yes it is broken.  I did a bit of testing
this evening and the vfork() system call seems to not actually
work as it should on powerpc.  The glibc maintainers seems to
have noticed this, so glibc simply calls fork() instead.  I have
changed uClibc to now use fork to implement vfork on powerpc.