[uClibc]Re: buildroot: building the dev environment to run on the target

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Mar 4 19:12:35 UTC 2003

On Tue Mar 04, 2003 at 09:11:06AM -0800, David Wuertele wrote:
> Actually, the toolchain compiles fine.  I don't need to make any
> changes to the toolchain makefiles.  However, for every makefile
> *except* for the toolchain I added --build= and --host=.  This makes
> everything configure properly except for gcc-target.

I've done this as well locally.  As soon as I am satisfied things
are working properly I'll be checking it all in.

> When the gcc-target directory gets built, there is a Makefile inside
> with the following lines:
>
> # If GCC_FOR_TARGET is not overriden on the command line, then this
> # variable is passed down to the gcc Makefile, where it is used to
> # build libgcc2.a.  We define it here so that it can itself be
> # overridden on the command line.
> GCC_FOR_TARGET = mipsel-linux-gcc
> AS_FOR_TARGET = mipsel-linux-as
> etc....
>
> These variables are not getting overridden, and I'm not sure what to

They need to be overridden at configure time, otherwise incorrect
defaults will be implanted in the toplevel makefile and will
override whatever you specify on the command line, which is
rather annoying.  I suppose I can check in what I have thus far.