[uClibc]the 'strcmp' function supports only C|POSIX locales

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk+uclibc at freshdot.net
Mon Mar 3 13:41:47 UTC 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to compile some tools against the latest CVS version of
uClibc with the i386-uclibc-gcc crosscompiler. All tools that use the
'strcmp' function return warnings like this at compiletime:

| update.o(.text+0x49b): In function `main':
| : the 'strcmp' function supports only C|POSIX locales

But my locale /is/ C, at compiletime, and all tools have been built with
this locale too. I think this (warning | error) causes my tools to fail
operation:

| # iptables -A FORWARD -j ACCEPT
| iptables v1.2.7a: Couldn't load target `standard':File not found
|
| # ebtables -L -v
| ebtables v2.0.2:ebtables.c:208:--BUG--:
| Couldn't load standard target

And I really don't know where this comes from, or how to fix it.

Could someone please shed a light here?

The binaries are built with the crosscompiler for an AMD Elan CPU. They
run but can't find their 'chains' because the strcmp() function doesn't
do what it should do.

The ultimate goal is 'enhancing' a FlashImage with 'ebtables', an
Ethernet Bridge Firewalling tool, which I can put inside my Wireless
Accesspoint's flash memory and manage who can and who can't use my
Wifi-AP.

Thanks in advance,
Sander Smeenk.